President of HealthCare Technology Consulting, Alan Lipschultz PE, CCE, CSP, CPPS
He has over 40 years’ professional experience in the healthcare industry serving as Director of Clinical Engineering at two major hospitals.
Alan is active at the national level and has the following to awards and memberships:
- Recipient, 2006 Clinical/Biomedical Engineering Achievement Award from Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI)
- Recipient, 2012 Marv Shepherd Patient Safety Award
- Co-Chair, AAMI Standards Board (1993–2015)
- Editorial Board of Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology (AAMI Journal) (1987-present)
- AAMI Technology Management Council (2004-present)
- Chair, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Medical Equipment Technical Committee (2007–2015) & Member (2015-present)
- Fellow, American College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE) (2015-present) & Member (1991-present)
- Vice President, ACCE Board of Directors (2016-present), Member at Large (2012-2016)
- Member, AAMI (1971-present)
- Professional Member, American Society of Professionals in Patient Safety (ASPPS); part of the National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF)
- Member, Forensic Expert Witness Association (2015-present)
- Member, AAMI Electrical Safety Committee (1975-present)
- Member, AAMI Infusion Device Committee (2010-present)
- Member, AAMI Medical Device Alarms Committee (2011-present)
- Member, Healthcare Technology Safety Institute – Clinical Alarms Steering Committee (2012-present)
- Member, Healthcare Technology Safety Institute – Infusion Devices Steering Committee (2013-present)
- Member, National Coalition for Alarm Management Safety (2014-present)
- Member, National Coalition for Infusion Pump Safety (2015-present)
- Member, National Coalition to Promote the Safe Use of Complex Healthcare Technology (2017-present)National Coalition to Promote the Safe Use of Complex Healthcare Technology
Alan additionally holds several professional certifications:
- Professional Engineer (PE) – State of Delaware, License # 7875
- Certified in Clinical Engineering (CCE) by Healthcare Technology Certification Commission, Certificate # 66
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) by Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) by Certification Board for Professionals in Patient Safety (part of National Patient Safety Foundation)
I've been featured in...
Our evaluations of your circumstances are filtered by our years of experience in this field.
We explain technical subjects to non-technical people. We work collaboratively with clinicians and risk managers to determine root and secondary causes of events.
We have worked for both plaintiffs and defendants in multiple cases involving a variety of medical malpractice and/or product liability issues.
Patient Safety and Risk
We have worked with healthcare providers, manufacturers, and independent test labs to mitigate risks.
Strategic management of data can make dramatic improvements in the practice and economics of healthcare. Our expertise spans both worlds and can be put to use for your benefit.
We are engineers with a lifetime of experience embedded with clinicians – we speak both languages fluently and can bridge the gap for you and your customers for everyone’s benefit. We are outside technical reviewer with real world perspective.